COVID-19 has not canceled the 400-year tradition of Easter Passion Play performances that have taken place every decade since the 1600’s in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau.
Instead, 2020’s Oberammergau (only the 42nd time in history this event has happened) has been postponed to 2022.
For travelers affected by this postponement, the Globus family of brands, which includes Globus and Avalon Waterways, has enacted a policy to enable all guests with 2020 Oberammergau bookings the opportunity to be the first to reserve their 2022 spots at the current price.
The company expects to offer new dates to travelers by May 2020.
The Globus family of brands:
- Runs tours to Oberammergau year round, not just in 2022, so we know the destination
- In 2010 we sold over 10,000 tickets
- In 2022 we are offering 14 itineraries to Oberammergau, more than anybody else
- First class category tickets for the Passion Play – ask us about prime seating!
- Centrally located hotel in Oberammergau
- Globus will have an office in Oberammergau for the duration of the Passion Play rescheduled in 2022
If you reserved a 2020 land or cruise package to Oberammergau with any of the family of brands, CONTACT US NOW! You are automatically eligible for similar dates in 2022;
Benefit from the company’s ‘Peace of Mind Travel Plan’ that protects you, whether you rebook Oberammergau, wish to use your 2020 Oberammergau tickets on a different Globus family of travel companies holiday, or cancel with a full refund.
DID YOU MISS BOOKING AN OBERAMMERGAU TRIP IN 2020?
Ask us about being among the first to have access to newly-released availability for 2022!
Avalon Waterways Featured River Cruises Include:
- Danube Dreams with Oberammergau (12 Days Budapest – Munich)
- Romantic Rhine with Oberammergau (12 Days Amsterdam – Munich)
- Romantic Rhine with Innsbruck & Oberammergau (13 Days Amsterdam – Munich)
Globus Featured Vacations Include:
- Bavarian Highlights (9 Days Munich, Regensburg, Nuremburg, Black Forest, Fussen Area, Oberammergau)
- The Best of Austria and Switzerland (14 Days Vienna, Salzburg, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Berne, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Oberammergau, Munich)
- German Highlights (12 Days Frankfurt, Cologne, Berlin, Dresden, Nuremburg, Munich, Oberammergau, Black Forest)
- Catholic Central Europe (9 Days Munich, Oberammergau, Lucerne, Rhineland, Cologne, Frankfurt)
- Grand Catholic Italy (13 Days Rome, Assusi, Florence, Padua, Oberammergau, Munich)
About the Globus family of brands:
With over 90 years of international travel expertise, Globus
is the world’s leading tour operator. Globus has teams on the ground in more than 77 countries around the world, and is an expert in providing travellers a once-in-a-life time opportunity to truly experience each destination. The Globus family of brands comprises Globus
(escorted tours); Cosmos
(escorted value-brand tours); Avalon Waterways
small ship and river cruises; and Monograms
(pre-planned itineraries for independent travellers).
The Globus family of brands also unites travellers with similar interests through niche tours, including family vacations, music-oriented journeys, faith-based travel and Special Annual Event excursions.
The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).